LUK can facilitate an array of measures in order to better understand consumers’ view of their world, their strengths and challenges across multiple domains, and current status of functionality.
LUK can conduct the following assessments:
- Cognitive: Used to identify how a consumer takes in, stores and utilizes information in their daily lives.
- Developmental: Used to identify and/or track developmental milestones to determine if additional intervention or supports are necessary; also used to identify developmental delays, potential causes and recommendations for the future.
- Neuropsychological Screening: Used to identify if further neuropsychological evaluation is needed.
- Psycho-social/Emotional: Used to understand how consumers cope and navigate their emotional world.
- Risk Assessments: Used to understand how consumers rationalize risky behaviors and indicates whether a higher level of intervention is warranted.
- Substance Abuse Evaluations: Used to identify history of and current level of use as well as triggers and causes of use.
- Trauma Evaluations: Used to identify the impact that trauma may have on daily functioning and emotional state.
Assessments often include information from and coordination with the consumer and his/her family, school, and others. The courts and probation departments are included on a case-by-case basis. Information gathered can be used to make recommendations for accommodations for a consumer’s success, treatment guidelines, diagnostic clarification, level of care, and placement recommendations.
To make a referral:
Toll-free (8:30am-5:30pm, M-F): 800-579-0000
Direct Line (voice mail & afterhours): 978-829-2312
Fax Line: 978-345-8495